Your Route to Thyroid Health
Exhausted all day?
Struggling to concentrate and remember things?
Thin, weak hair and fragile nails?
Feel like your brain is made from fuzzy wool?
Your thyroid may be underfunctioning!
Underactive thyroid or hypothyroidism is a common condition with a wide range of symptoms including;
Low energy no matter how much you rest or sleep
Weight gain and difficulty losing weight
‘Brain fog’ – poor memory and lack of concentration
Dry skin, brittle nails and falling hair
Your thyroid gland regulates your metabolic rate – similar to how the accelerator regulates the speed of a car. When it’s underactive, all your body processes slow down, as if you had taken your foot off the gas.
The standard treatment is Levothyroxine a synthetic version of T4, one of your thyroid hormones. However this is only prescribed if you fall below certain parameters on blood tests and many people suffer with sub-clinical hypothyroidism where their thyroid is underfunctioning but not badly enough to receive medication.
Simply taking Levothyroxine is only part of the picture of managing low thyroid function. Your body converts T4 to T3, the more biologically active hormone, and this conversion step is problematic for many people. Issues such as stress, poor digestion, and a lack of the necessary vitamins and minerals all impair the conversion of T4 to T3;
Simply replacing T4 by taking Levothyroxine is just the first step in managing hypothyroidism. A whole-body approach focusing on healthy digestion, the right foods to support thyroid function and hormone conversion, relaxation, and movement is the most positive way forward for true thyroid balance.
If you’re struggling with thyroid problems, join me for the interactive workshop ‘Your Route to Thyroid Health’ taking place on Friday 29th September here in central York.
We will be covering;
– The signs, symptoms and causes of thyroid imbalance – both underactive and overactive
– What medications are available
– The links between thyroid function and other health conditions such as chronic stress, chronic fatigue syndrome and cardiovascular health
– Natural nutritional support for thyroid hormone production, conversion and function
– Supportive lifestyle techniques to help with relaxation and stress management
Dates & times;
– Friday 29th September 2017
– 10am – 12pm
– The Garden Room, Friends Meeting House, Friargate, York, YO1 9RG
– Detailed handouts are provided, and there will be plenty of opportunities for questions
For more information and to book your place contact me via email at email@example.com or on 07910 705272